Home

Upcoming Events

There are no Upcoming Events

Condividi contenuti

13 risposte [Ultimo contenuto]
Eric
Iscritto: 2 Ott 2008

Hi, I just joined so I can keep up to date on what is happening with MORE. When they discontinued MOUL on gametap I deleted all my content relating to uru, including my avatar,name,sparkly collection, EVERYTHING! (sob). So there I am looking through games on Gametap and what do I see? An ad for Uru Live! What the...? This is how I learned about MORE, and am basicly starting from scratch. Hopefully if servers DO open up, they will use the original cd versions of Uru because I still have all that content all the way through to finishing POTS. Or, again hopefully, if they go with the gametap route, they can figure out some way of integrating the save files from the cd version. In any case, here I am, back to noob status, standing with my hat in hand....

Nanouk_Metal
Iscritto: 1 Mar 2008

Welcome to the Guild of Messengers Eric.

Do not worry. If More comes back online, it will be like MO:UL but will be played from Cyan's server for a small fee for server's maintenance. We were told that it might happen at the end of this year.

Since MO:UL and More are different, I do not beleive that we will be able to use our Uru solo saved files and will have to start from scratch....once again. :cry: :wink:

Edit: Btw, the Official Mystonline/Uru Live forums can be found at this link...
http://www.mystonline.com/forums/index.php?sid=7cf2edd94c3c517593074e6d86f1fcae

Cheers. :mrgreen:

Marten
Ritratto di Marten
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Iscritto: 8 Nov 2007
Eric wrote:
Hopefully if servers DO open up, they will use the original cd versions of Uru because I still have all that content all the way through to finishing POTS. Or, again hopefully, if they go with the gametap route, they can figure out some way of integrating the save files from the cd version. In any case, here I am, back to noob status, standing with my hat in hand....

Welcome Eric!

I can answer some of your concerns. In July, we (the Guild of Messengers) hosted a live chat with explorers and Mark DeForest, aka Chogon, of Cyan. During that chat, some of your questions were answered.

* MORE will be based on MOUL, not on the CD version of the game.
* Everyone will start from scratch again. All of the accounts from GameTap's servers are deleted and overwritten already, with no backups.

In addition to Nanouk's pointer to the Myst Online forums, I'd like to direct your attention to some specific discussions where you can learn more about MORE.

1. MORE - letter to MystOnline fans, and Roadmap:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15804

2. Questions and Answers from Cyan discussion, July 3:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewto ... 879#262879

3. Guidelines for Official Story/Age Creation:

http://www.mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15890

I hope that after catching up with the above topics, your curiosity will be satisfied and that you will be as excited about the possibilities of MORE as we are!

Eric

Perhaps I should clarify that I am a new member of the forums. I am not qualified in any way to be a messenger, I may talk alot, sometimes, but I have no formal structure or whatever oratorial (is that a word?) knowledge is called. Besides, back when we were still in the cavern and believed things were still going somewhere, I joined the guild of cartographers, not that I have any talent making maps, I just liked the idea of getting into an age and really getting into all the nooks a crannies,an explorer, if nothing else. Maintainer maybe?? don't really know. See? I just drifted off topic and started rambling, topic being, I did not join the guild,only the forums. (Why couldn't I have said that single line and left it at that?)

Marten
Ritratto di Marten
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
Iscritto: 8 Nov 2007

That is fine, Eric. We're glad to know you're with the community, one way or another.

If you are interested in exploring the community itself and seeking a group that fits you best, you might start here:

http://rel.to/groups

Rel.to is an index of all of the Myst/Uru sites of which I'm aware. I hope that you browse around on it and find it useful. :)

Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008
Marten wrote:
That is fine, Eric. We're glad to know you're with the community, one way or another.

DITTOs Eric, Welcome, whatever you decide to do, wherever you decide to go. :) AlKaera

me is real glad I read enough posts to not have to remove Eric from Census/ToDo memberlist . Almost got in too big a hurry heh heh

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Theremin
Ritratto di Theremin
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
Iscritto: 18 Ago 2008

Welcome Eric! I was a member of the Guild of Cartographers in MOUL as well. Please feel welcome to contribute to our forum any time. :)

blutec
Ritratto di blutec
Iscritto: 15 Gen 2008

Welcome Eric!
:D
/wave

Have a nice time exploring the forums :)

grtz, blutec

Eric

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. Hopefully somewhere on this forum I will be able to contribute something useful. If not, then every so often I may pop in and say hello, just to let, whoever, know I'm still watching. :)

Lynnutte
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
Iscritto: 30 Ott 2007

Welcome Eric. During one of the times you happen to pop in, don't for get to check out the latest GoMe newspaper. We try to include something for everyone and there is always information on what the community at large is up to.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Eric

Thanks, Lynnutte
That sounds like just what I'm looking for, a place where all the news is synopsized and condensed. You are an angel.

Lynnutte

Me? An angel? That all depends on who you talk to. :twisted:

Al'Kaera
Ritratto di Al'Kaera
Iscritto: 6 Lug 2008
Lynnutte wrote:
Me? An angel? That all depends on who you talk to. :twisted:

I DO remember directing you to a pic of an 'Angel with a whip' Lynnutte :lol: :lol:
AlKaera

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Lynnutte

You have a point Al. lol